Sonntag, 14. Oktober 2012

Mr Bond, I expect you to sing.

I used to be quite a James Bond fan. This kind of stopped with the Daniel Craig films, for me they are just not classy enough anymore. But for ages and ages I have loved pretty much every theme song. And since I only just listened to "Skyfall" today for the first time (I know, quite late), I decided to make a very little ranking of my top 5 James Bond theme songs.

#5 Adele - Skyfall
I can just start off with the newest one. I like it - it's dramatic, has a great pace, and I love Adele's voice.
 

#4 Nancy Sinatra - You Only Live Twice
Not so famous, but oh so gorgeous. I fell in love with Nancy over Bang Bang. For Bond, this song is quite cute, but it works still.


#3 Shirley Bassey - Goldfinger
This is possibly the most iconic Bond song and also known to be "the best of all times". Well, obviously I don't really think so, but I love it nonetheless.

 

#2 Jack White (& Alicia Keys) - Another Way To Die
Because Jack White! (Do I have to say more?)

#1 Garbage - The World Is Not Enough
This tune is just so amazingly perfect. I like Garbage a lot, mostly due to Shirley Manson's fantastic voice that can always send a shiver down your spine. The whole song is dramatic and slightly over the top, but that's exactly what a Bond theme needs, if you ask me.
 

Bonus Track
The. Best. Ever.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen